ASTARTE consists of 10 work packages (WPs):
- WP1 is devoted to Project coordination and management
- WPs 2-5 focus on tsunami recurrence, generation mechanisms, numerical modeling and coastal impacts
- WPs 6-8 focus on detection and communication infrastructures, early warning and forecast and risk assessment
- WP9 aims at building tsunami resilient societies in Europe
- WP10 is devoted to dissemination and exploitation of results
ASTARTE considers 9 test sites in the Mediterranean and Northeast Atlantic where interconnections between WPs will be implemented, interactions with stakeholders and the society at large will take place, and practical applications will be tested.